We all know how practical inflatable boards can be for traveling, but not only that: These boards don’t ding when you drop them and if you happen to fall on it you don’t get hurt. We did have the pleasure to test an inflatable foil board back in late 2020 and were quite impressed with it. (Go to our test here)
In fact my daughter has been using this board for quite some time to learn how to wing, it was a great beginner board. Quite a bit heavier than a carbon board but as a beginner a heavier softer board can be quite helpful as I have discovered over time. When it comes to performance of course the inflatable had quite some disadvantages as it felt a bit rubbery and soft.
Now Starboard has released a new generation of inflatable foil boards. Looking at the video this looks quite interesting and could be a true game changer for all of us who like to travel with our toys. In fact it would be highly interesting if we get to test this board ourselves and do a direct comparison.
News by Starboard:
INTRODUCING THE NEW AIR FOIL
The Air Foil is Starboard’s latest innovative product. This award-winning inflatable wing foil board combines ultimate performance with maximum convenience.
The Air Foil wing board features a new patent-pending top plate technology on the standing area, designed by Starboard. The foil mast is then mounted directly to the solid standing area on the deck to offer wing riders direct feedback from the foil and instant response.
This all translates into more control and a better flight sensation.
A HIGH-PERFORMANCE WINGFOIL BOARD THAT IS EASY TO TRANSPORT
PATENT PENDING PLATE TECHNOLOGY
- The distance between the feet and the foil is less than 1.5 cm.
- Direct response, more control and better flight sensation.
- No more wobbly sensations in the interaction between the rider and the foil.
WELDED RAIL TECHNOLOGY
- Every Starboard inflatable paddle board features welded rails.
- The Welded Rail Technology creates a complete airtight, mechanically bonded seam without the risk of glue weakening over time. This makes Starboard inflatable paddle boards stronger and longer lasting.