It was a busy week in Lahaina and the season has definitely changed. The trade winds are mostly absent and the wind direction changed to south. This is bad news for Lahaina, as this means the wind is blowing onshore. This puts the areas at risk of bad air quality that are other wise down wind from the burn zone.
I also met a contractor for the US Army Corps Of Engineers and learned so much about the next phase of the clean up.
- Day 74 The wind is changing
- Day 75 Onshore winds getting stronger
- Day 76 At the shop is the air quality OK?
- Day 77 Coming back from the hotel job
- Day 78 I had an idea for the tourists
- Day 79 Meeting Army Corps of Engineers contractor
- Day 80 Taking the carpet out