Downwind SUP Foiling is growing fast. We just had ARMSTRONG FOILS coming online with their own board range:
As a pioneer in the sport, Armie introduced downwind SUP foiling to the 2016 Gorge Paddle Challenge, 2017 Na Pali coast race and the 2018 Molokai2Oahu race with other early innovators of DW foiling. Our new DW board range combines this historical passion and motivation with our latest design knowledge.
Sleek lines, innovative volume distribution and state of the art construction help create a range of boards that are fast, stiff, light and easy to get on foil. Five sizes make sure that everyone who wants to sample the DW stoke is covered.
The speed of these DW boards combined with their high volumes also makes them exceptional for light wind winging, SUP surf foiling and prone downwinding.
- High volume shape with a subtle deck recess for good feel and control while remaining easy to paddle.
- V nose to subtle double concave up to the foil boxes reduces drag on touch downs, and the pin tail acts like a fin for easy tracking when paddling.
- Round rails at front help accelerate the board into bumps.
- The shape of the bottom chines is inspired by our Performance mast foil section for efficient water release and zippy acceleration onto bumps.
- Length to width ratio is optimised across the range for glide when paddling without compromising stability.
- Stiff, lightweight carbon PVC innegra sandwich construction with industry leading double carbon sandwich stringer system for a direct connection to the foil.
- Proprietary custom carbon FG tracks for maximum strength, stiffness and durability.
SPECIFICATIONS & RECOMMENDATIONS:
- 85L: 6’3 x 18 ¾” x 5 ⅜” , rider weight 65-75kg (145-165lbs)
- 96L: 6’8 x 19 ½” x 5 ⅝” , rider weight 75-85kg (165-190lbs)
- 107L: 7’2 x 20 ¼” x 5 ¾” , rider weight 85-95kg (190-210lbs)
- 121L: 7’7 x 21” x 5 ⅞” , rider weight 95-105kg (210-230lbs)
- 135L: 8’3 x 21 ½” x 6” , rider weight 105-115kg (230-255lbs)
As of right now these boards are not being shipped, they are only available at a few select retailers in Australia, and New Zealand. One in the USA, one in France and one in the UK.